Today marks the one year anniversary of my very first official post on this blog. Since sharing the exciting news that we were the proud owners of not one, but two garbage cans, I have posted 82 other posts about life at the Dickey residence. In in my opinion, none of the other posts could top the excitement of that very first one.
Here I am with my two lovely garbage cans one year later. I want you all to know that our new (old) garbage can has served us well. Just the other day Mike was wondering what we ever did with only one garbage can, since we manage to fill up both of these, to the brim, every week. I remember. We made midnight runs to drop our excess garbage in the big dumpsters at the apartments down the street. (Don't tell anyone).
At this one year anniversary I want to say thank you to all of you who have faithfully read my blog and left such fun, insightful, kind comments. Also thanks to all those who have read and not commented. Comments or no comments, you have all put up with my severe lack of writing and spelling skills and my even bigger lack of interesting things to write about. Thanks for humoring me and reading despite my deficiencies. I love all of you for it.
To all of you who keep a blog for me to read, I thank you as well. I really enjoy all your blogs and love keeping up with your lives on the world wide web.
Here's to another year for all of us in the blogosphere.
13 comments:
Forget the garbage cans - what did I do to unwind during incubations at work before blogs? Thanks for yours - I love it.
My life is better because of your blog Jill. I'm so thankful for your inspiring garbage cans.
I love your blog. I think you do have an exciting life and all your posts are interesting. I'm glad that we can stay connected across the continent. Happy Blogiversary!
Yeah!! Your blog is one of my favorites!
Blogging really is great, isn't it? I'm glad I can read yours.
Woo-hoo! I'm glad to hear that this is one blog that will keep me entertained for another year!
(Oh, and I just saw your very recent comment on my blog, and I totally agree with you and have significantly cooled down since I wrote the post, so feel free to ask me anything anytime, and I promise not to bite your head off! :-))
Here's to many more! You bring me closer to home each time I read your blog! Thank you!
wahoo! happy anniversary! i love those garbage cans!
Thank you! Thanks for spending your time on updating your amazing blog. Thanks for asking to read mine. Thanks for your awesome (and oh so consistent) comments. Just thanks, for being cool. This blog rocks....as do you....my dear! Happy anniversary!
Severe lack of nothing! My mom got really mad at me when she found out I hadn't mentioned your blog. So, she's a reader now too!
You look great behind those beautiful trash cans. I love reading your blog. You have a way of making ordinary things come to life. Thanks for allowing me to stay connected even though I am just down the street. Sure love ya!
Jill, I love all of your posts, you are such a clever writer, I love reading about your exciting life. Thanks for sharing.
I did get inspired to finally create a blog and had my first post up, if you want to look at it, it's: 6fishtank.blogspot.com
Happy blogoversary. I love to read your posts. I like the win win plan... where did they go? that picture with the waterfall is awesome, I want to go!
Post a Comment