Sunday, July 19, 2009

Win-Win



We've had a busy week at our house. On Saturday morning I woke to a house that showed it. Laundry spilling out on the floor, bathrooms that were almost unusable, dishes piled high in the sink, toys everywhere, beds that hadn't been made for days, an inch of dust on every surface. Oh boy, a marathon cleaning session was in order. Seeing the mess, I knew what had to be done. I declared it "bonding time." Just dad and the kids. An adventure. Away from the house.

I presented the idea to Mike. No problem. He takes the kids on a mountain adventure, I stay home and clean. This kind of arrangement works out well for Mike and I. He prefers to spend his Saturdays in the mountains with the kids and my favorite thing is to have the whole day to clean without interruption. It's a win-win.

Added benefits: The kids have a great time and the house stays clean for a little more than five minutes.





8 comments:

s. said...

That is pretty exciting I must say. That waterfall is amazing!!

Cami said...

Oh Jill, you are such a special person. I don't know a lot of people who would deem such a situation as win-win. ;)

The mountains look like a blast-- now I want to see a picture of your uber-clean house.

Kimberly said...

Oh, boy. You are so lucky. Seriously. I was just talking to a friend of mine last night about wishing for everyone else in my house to go away for a while so I could clean all by my lonesome and then sit and enjoy the clean rooms by myself for a little while before the whirlwind strikes again. You are not alone in that wish! I'm glad Mike and the kids had a great time in the mountains, too. I think that would also be a blast.

Laura said...

I'm glad your kids are spending time in the mountains, since I think Dickeys are about 20% mountain goat (it explains my lack of good manners). Kim, you can bring your kids to my house, and I will take them away while you clean and sit in it. Win-win.

Bryanna Johnson said...

We are cut out of the same cloth in respect to cleaning.

Karen said...

I like that Cami called you a "special person". I have to say, that sounds good to me too. There is something so satisfying about cleaning...and then sitting in your clean..ness.

Stan said...

Sounds like a great plan to me. Maybe Mike should talk to Stan about such a plan. I don't know if I would want to stay home and clean though maybe just relax.

Danielle and Fam said...

I wish that could happen here only reversed...I go somewhere and come home to a clean house! I say this as I just spent the last 45 minutes trying to get my kids help clean...LAME!