After tomorrow I will be the mother of a teenager! The tiny, bald, sweet, beautiful 6 lb. 14 oz. baby that first made me a mother on the 30th of June,1999 will be 13 years old!
How did this happen?
I blinked and that sweet baby now wears make-up, texts on a cell phone, plays the piano beautifully, loves hanging out with her friends more than her parents, is a stellar junior high student, and has a Facebook page.
Time flies much too quickly.
Raising Mary Kate for 13 years has been a dream. She has a calm and lovely disposition and a spirit that naturally wants to be and do good. The teenager in her is starting to show through a bit, but that’s to be expected…and encouraged in it’s own way, I guess.
I’m so lucky to be the mother of this beautiful girl. She’s much too sweet a soul to get stuck with a mother who has so many flaws, but I think Heavenly Father gave her to me so she could teach me how to be better. Shame on me if I don’t learn those lessons.
I love you completely Mary Kate, you’re a joy and a blessing in everyway.
Happy Birthday…tomorrow!
5 comments:
You're a beauty Mary Kate. Hope you have a fabulous birthday!
Oh, you know I love that Mary Kate. She is gorgeous - you guys are in for a ride I think. I'm so sad to miss yet another MK party.
I hate to tell you this... but from one that has had both easy and hard children to raise... it isn't ones like MK you learn those parenting lessons from... it's the hard ones you have the priviledge of raising. So glad you have an easy one, she is so beautiful both inside and out.
Love you MK. BDE (Best daughter ever)!!
Happy birthday Mary Kate! I'm so glad I get to spend time with you this summer- your mom's right- you are a delight!
Post a Comment