I’m still pinning for Spring. I believe it’s slowly on it’s way; but in the meantime, I’ll just go hang out in Mary Kate’s room because it’s a little bit like Spring in there.
It goes without saying what signature color she picked for her new room. I think I found the ideal purple though (subtle and nice), thanks once again to folks at Martha Stewart. They’re geniuses with color over there at Martha.
We finished Mary Kate’s new room many months ago and I’m just getting around to posting it. It’s not too fancy or anything, but it’s so Mary Kate and screams teenage girly-girl! I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, and more importantly, so is she.
Remember that gargantuan, atrocious, frilly, golden mirror that I bought on a whim for a measly $20 bucks from that garage sale Stephen? I think I found the perfect place for it…
…if you look closely at the wall-paper we picked (ordered from here), you’ll see the silver detail. I just busted out the silver spray paint and voilà, the mirror works perfect in the space!
I used the same silver paint on the butterfly above the dresser which I had purchased for $12 as Ross. It used to be gold and black. Oh the things you can improve on with just a can of silver spray paint!
FYI: The Pirates of the Caribbean calendar isn’t my favorite, but MK loves it, so there it is. She loves that Jack Sparrow.
We found a good home for her fairy collection and a perfect little white desk and that fit the tiny space we had for it.
I ordered the MK letters above the bed from this site. They come in several colors and you can choose from lots of fonts and sizes as well. I’m hoping to find another butterfly or something to hang next to them. Still looking for that.
I love MK’s room, but what I love most are the less obvious things, like this closet shelf that has her name written all over it. She is turning into a teenager right before my eyes!
*I’d still like to find a white bench of sorts for under the mirror and a perfect aqua-colored throw for the end of her mostly purple bed, but I haven’t been successful in finding just the right things yet. I’ll keep looking.
12 comments:
Have you checked out ana-white.com? It's filled with DIY furniture ideas, all of which are totally doable!
I would love a room like this.
I love (love, love, love, love) every single thing about this room. I love purple, too, and if I could get away with it, I would do my room just like this. Something tells me Tim wouldn't be okay with it.
I'm with Laura on the love scale, here. Laura, I'm sure Eric & Tim would learn to love it!
MK, you are definitely heading into the teens with fashion.
That's a great room! I love the mirror- so perfect with the silver spray paint. And I love that idea to frame the wall papering with molding. Genius! Well done Jill and Mary Kate.
I'm so in love with this room Jill! And I love that crazy !@# mirror. It's awesome in that space. Well done lady!
Also, did not know MK had a thing for Mr. Sparrow. What a scallywag.
Oh great, Karen. Now my filtering software won't let me on Jill's blog because of your gutter language. If you don't stop commenting I soon won't be able to access any sites. And great room Jill and MK. Hope to see it in person soon.
Very lovely!
Nice use of the mirror Jill! Seriously so impressed. Looks great!
xo
Where will we stay this summer??? BTW when is a good time for you guys for an invasion front the north??
So beautiful, what a grown up girl room!
Sorry to comment on every post, but this is too cute!!
Post a Comment