Monday, October 3, 2011

My First Phone Dump = Slices of Life

I just semi-recently learned how to use the camera on my smart phone, (I know, I’m a swift one). Tonight I sat down at my computer, turned on some Fleetwood Mac (still obsessed), and started sorting through the dozens of pictures that have been collecting on my phone over the last 10 months or so. It looks like my kids learned how to take pictures with my phone way before I did; there are several, and I mean several, pictures of basically nothing…a blanket in a heap on the floor, the dog running past in a blur, a big jar of magnetic letters on a bed. Nevertheless, looking through these incredibly random photos is providing me with a fun rewind… tiny glimpses into everyday life around here. For some reason it makes me smile.

Here are a few shots, in no particular order. Some were taken by me, some by the kids…

2010-08-28_16-48-41_490
My niece Emily (whose nickname is Mimi) sitting by her very own café

2010-12-12_21-47-27_542
My dad in New Zealand is looking very excited to be conversing with whichever kid is on Skype at the moment

2011-01-05_20-52-40_31
I think this was one of the first times we met Miss Caitlyn Clyde…now Mrs. Caitlyn Johnson.

2011-02-28_15-53-51_659
My feet in plaster. I’m had some orthotics made. Darn those flat feet of mine!

2011-04-29_09-20-37_674
The Marriot Center at BYU, filled to capacity with women from all over the country, gathered together for Women’s Conference. Very powerful experience, and a highlight of my year.

2011-07-19_15-13-38_255
I loved this headboard I saw in a model home…love the bird fabric and that lamp!

2011-07-21_14-13-51_914 
Someone showing their stuff on the new Flow Rider at Lindon Aquatic Center. This thing is so cool. I secretly wish I could do it.

2011-08-01_19-36-09_329
My brand, spanking new niece Catherine. Just hours old.

2011-08-25_14-09-07_865
A pair of Lamps at IKEA. I’m going to get those someday soon. Love the shades.

2011-09-06_16-22-28_547
My darling daughter at Primary Children’s Medical Center emergency room. She looks pretty happy for someone who’s about to undergo a lumbar puncture, don’t you think?

2011-09-17_16-39-07_655
That same darling daughter’s lovely knees, just after she fell off a motorized scooter. See the band-aid?

2011-09-30_12-39-52_159
Chosen wall paper pattern for the redecorating of Mary Kate’s new room. A project that looms sometime in the near future. I think it’s going to look really cool when we’re done.

2011-10-01_18-35-53_188
Beautiful rainbow over the mountain top.

2011-10-01_18-36-36_784
A trip to the grocery store with my boy Jonathan. As you can see, I still have a pebble ice problem. I need help!

2011-10-02_18-35-50_780
Homemade Chicken Madeira with asparagus. So delicious, but I’m still working on perfecting the sauce.

2011-10-02_11-15-12_684
Elder Ballard speaking to us during General Conference this last weekend. He’s instructing us that we should refer to ourselves more often as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, rather than Mormons. I can see the wisdom in that. We are a Christian religion first and foremost. We want people to know that without question.

There you have it…random slices of my exciting life. I should do this phone dumping exercise more often. Who knows what will turn up next time?

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Does Emily at least know why they call her Mimi? :)

This was a fun post Jill. These should be done more often. I like the randomness of it.

Laura said...

I'm going to make myself a bird-fabric headboard right this very second (read: maybe this weekend). I love it.

And I love your phone dump. I thought you were talking about being dumped over the phone for the first time. I can totally remember the first (and second and third and...) time I was dumped on the phone. This kind of phone dump is infinitely better.

Emily + Eric said...

I'm with Laura. I thought this was going to be a sad post about some phone break-up or someone being rude and hanging up on you. So glad it was a happy trip down memory lane, instead!

Emily + Eric said...

Now hold on just a minute!! Is Michael Dickey participating in some sort of game playing with Paul and Caitlyn? Huh? Huh? How on earth did they pull that off?

:)

Cami said...

Please pass the chicken madiera.

rachel said...

I love it Jill. And I have flat feet too... must be a Johnson thing :) xoxo