Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa!

dad

Today (in the U.S.A that is), it’s my dad’s birthday. (I’m thinking he must have celebrated in New Zealand yesterday). I’m not exactly sure how old Dad is…my guess is 62…maybe 63? What ever his age, the world became a better place once he entered it. My dad has only ever been a force for good in the world all his years, and I’m so blessed that he is my father because he has been an equal force for good in my life. I’m wishing he was here today so I could cook him a hearty meal and a delicious dessert that would of course include cherries and chocolate in some fashion.

I love you dad. I hope you have a befitting birthday. I just wish I was there in New Zealand to celebrate with you!

Happy Birthday!

As a side note… (that’s also applicable on my dad’s birthday)…I thought of my dad all the way through this talk by Sister Dalton at General Conference. I’m one lucky, lucky daughter! Thank you Dad.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Jill, this is your Dad and I wanted to comment and thank you for your kind words, and to let you know that it has been a blessing in my life to have such a sweet loving daughter. I am among men, most richly blessed.

Laura said...

Happy birthday, John! You're a gem.

Casey said...

Love that picture! And I love your dad too, even though we've never met!