Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lunch Date

IMG_5991

Even the cesspool that is sometimes referred to as Utah Lake can be tolerable when I’m out on it with my favorite person.

Tuesday Mike took an extended lunch break and whisked me away for a date. (Oh, the things you can do when your kids are in school all day!) We packed a lunch, some life jackets, and the jet skies and drove a few miles to Utah Lake were we spent a couple hours cruising around in the sunshine, enjoying the last warm weather of the season together. A weekday afternoon is the perfect time to visit the lake (notwithstanding the disgusting green algae blooms that are over abundant this time of year). No one was out on the water (except maybe a few retired gentlemen in fishing boats) and the water was like a sheet of glass, eerily so, barely a ripple. The jet skies just glided along the surface as smooth as butter.

I’ve spent years driving from one end of Utah valley to the other, but I’ve never traveled that distance on the water before. I have to say, it’s much more relaxing and beautiful via water. (Faster too) We saw birds in the sky, fish jumping in the water, and the big Y on the mountain (I thought of you Stephen) up there with the leaves that are starting to change colors for Fall. We also saw many an airplane flying over head. Provo has a new airport now and it’s right near the lake on the Provo end. As we sat and ate our picnic lunch our entertainment was planes taking off from the runway. Very impressive.

It was a wonderful afternoon, even considering the raccoon like sunburn I’m sporting on my face because I forgot to apply sunblock before I put on my sunglasses.

Spending time with Mike is my favorite thing. Thanks for the date babe! Thanks for making sure my feet didn’t even get in that nasty water! You’re the best.

IMG_6003

6 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for coming with me. Loved it. Looking forward to doing it at Powell.... someday. Love you!

Cami said...

You crazy kids! That's awesome.

Kimberly said...

What a great lunch date!

Karen said...

Fun!! Let us know when you go to Powell. We will follow you there. :)

Lynette said...

Your lunch breaks are definitely better than mine! I'm glad you took advantage of the warm weather.

Andrew said...

Sweet!

chaoyi