July has been an interesting month as far as the weather is concerned. Very uncharacteristic. Maybe I’m just drawing a blank, but I don’t remember a previous July that has been so stormy. It’s almost like we’re living in the Pacific Northwest or something.
All the storminess has made for some interesting and breathtaking skies. I’ve spent lots of time these days looking up…with my jaw dropped…
Unlike my husband, I like rain. I think it’s nice. Things are still looking green around here, which is not typical for a Utah July, and the overcast skies have kept the days cooler than they would normally be. I welcome that. (I hate heat)
The ten-day forecast shows all sunny days ahead with highs in 90’s. I know this sounds strange but…Boo!
I’ll be singing…
“Rain, rain, come again, go away another day.” (Preferably January)
3 comments:
Jill, these are nice. I love the third photo especially. The phrase, "the sky is falling" springs to mind.
I too love the rain. I've always considered Seattle as a potential new hometown.
Wow, I wish I could be there to see those skies. I also love rain - probably because I grew up in a desert. I love those pics (I feel like I say that on all your posts, but really you're talented).
It's been really stormy over here, too. In fact, Colorado has it's own monsoon season. Who knew? I have to say, (this will not surprise you), but I am a little frightened of lightning. (As in, I won't allow my children near the windows...) But I love watching it and listening to the thunder. So, I've been sitting half scared, half thrilled a good five feet from my windows watching the storms.
I think I need therapy.
Post a Comment