I’m so happy to change my Wintertime blog header to my Springtime blog header today. The picture is of the blossoms of a Magnolia tree I had the privilege of standing under in Paris just two years ago.
Spring is on it’s way in our part of the world and I’m incredibly happy about that. I even took the boys to the park today in their flip flops.
Spring is my favorite season. But…
…As happy as I am to change the header on my blog and to welcome Spring, I’m also terribly sad about the headers in the news today about what has happened in Japan. It’s horrifying to look at the pictures and consider what this mean for so many people. My heart goes out to them, and my prayers.
3 comments:
I love your new header.
Yes, mass destruction is so horrifying. I'm having a hard time dealing with it.
Magnolia blossoms are some of my favorite. I have been keeping an eye on the three trees I know of, in Logan.
I'm glad you mentioned Japan. It things like this that really make me pause and think about how small my daily problems are.
Those flowers are gorgeous, Jill. I'm with Marsha . . . keeping an eye on the trees in my neighborhood for an explosion of scent and color.
Don't you wish you could just rush off to Japan and New Zealand and everywhere else that these horrible things happen and wrap your arms around the people there and somehow make everything better? They are certainly in my prayers, too.
Post a Comment