Today is my father-in-law’s birthday. Happy Birthday Dave!
For those of you who don’t know my father-in-law, I feel sorry for you, because to know him is to love him. He’s a soft spoken, kind hearted, nature loving, hard working, pancake making, star gazing, house fixing, picture taking, wild flower sighting, engine building, grandchild loving, family man, and he loves my strawberry jam.
I’ve never seen him angry in all my life. Not even when our dog clawed his newly remodeled bathroom to shreds. He’s shown nothing but love to me and to my family all the years I’ve know him.
My kids adore Grandpa Dave and let me show you why…..
I mean seriously, what’s not to love? He’s a perfect grandpa.
Thank you Dave for all you do for my kids, for me, for Michael. We love you so much. Hope you have the happiest of birthdays, because you deserve it!
7 comments:
He's a really great uncle too! Whenever I have called his house and he answers, he always asks about me and my life. Happy Birthday Uncle Dave, hope it's a great one.
Well said, Jill. Grandpa Dave is GREAT! We all love him, too! Happy birthday!
He's my favorite dad ever. And that was so funny/sad when Winnie clawed up the bathroom. It's a good story.
Happy Birthday Daddy-O. I loved the attribute list. Well said indeed.
He's just the kind of person everyone loves to be around. I would love to meet him someday. Lasting memories are created with a Grandpa like that. No wonder Mike is so good natured. Happy Birthday Grandpa Dave!
Amen, sister. This post is perfect. So is my dad.
He looks like the kind of person I'd like to hang out with. Your kids are so blessed. yeah, you're right, I do feel kinda sorry for myself for not knowing him...
Post a Comment