Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Emily!

twins birthday, bikes, hamakers,vegas, easter 006

This is a picture of my sister-in-law Emily celebrating with my boys on their second birthday. As you can see, this photo is old, but today I’ve discovered that I have a shocking lack of pictures of Emily, a situation that must be remedied right away!

Today is Emily’s birthday. I have no idea how old she is, all I know is that she is way younger than me!

Whenever I think about Emily, I get happy. You can’t think about her,  talk about her, or tell other people about her and not get happy. Emily is a funny human being! She has the best sense of humor, an infectious laugh, and when you’re with her you will be entertained. Even when she is going through very difficult things, she can always find the humor.

When I call Emily on the phone or visit her, we can talk and talk and talk. She always has a lot to say about any subject. She’s interested in everything and everyone.

Emily is most interested in being a good person. She always wants to do the right thing, and will do all she can to find out what the ‘right’ thing is. She’s strives to be a good mother, wife,.sister, daughter, friend, and neighbor, and she succeeds.

I really envy her eyelashes too. Longest ever!

I’m so lucky to have Emily as a sister-in-law. She makes my life brighter. I love you Em. Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

David said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! Life is always brighter when you are around!

Emily + Eric said...

Oh my goodness, I'm seriously having a little tear. That honestly means so much to me!

Thanks so much Jill, you're the best. Although, I don't know what you're talking about when you say I have a lot to say about everything. I've always struggled with finding anything to say about well..... anything. I've made up my mind. I'm going to be a more talkative person this next year. Eric will love it.

Stan said...

You are so right about everything you said. I have only met Emily once but felt of her spirit and feel like I know her through all the wonderful things you say about her. Wish she lived closer, we could seriously have some fun. Happy Birthday Emily!

Emilie said...

happy birthday emily! you are luminous; it is true...

Laura said...

Happy birthday Emily! Of all the people my ex-boyfriends have married, you are totally my favorite. Well, and your sister. Awkward... I can't choose.

The Garners said...

Yep, Miss Emily is one of my favorite human beings....ever! She has the most infectious laugh. I love her entire family. Anyway, Happy Birthday Em! You're an exceptional individual!

Karen said...

Oh I love Emily too! Remember when we used to pass notes in history? They were so profound. Happy birthday!! And it's true. LONGEST lashes on earth.

Melanie said...

Hey JIll and Em,
Happy birthday Em, and Nevre relize tell now that our birthdays are close together, 13 days apart.
My birthday is March 9!
I hope you had a wonderful and fun birthday and I think you are an awesome mom too! Thanks Jill for sharing and I love you both so much. love always
your cousin
Mels

Janice said...

I want to join the Emily lovefest. She's fun. She's nice. She's beautiful. She's honest, true, chaste, benevolent, etc. and I love her.

Becky said...

Ems birthday has passed but I still get to jump on the bandwagon because I was lucky enough to grow up with the most awesomest, most funny, most thoughtful sister in the world. Ems will make you a better person. Noone lights up a room like her. People want to be around her because she is so wonderful. I could go on and on of course. But thanks Jill for wording your thoughts dead on. Ems truly is a great one!!