Sunday, February 14, 2010

Glimpses of Valentine’s Day……

valentines 045 

…..conversation heart inspired decorations…..

valentines 057

…..MK’s awesome family home evening activity…. each person makes a bag to be filled with love notes……

valentines 031

…..a sampling of those love notes……

valentines 069

…..some homemade love, for those we love……

valentines 073

….sending love to preschool friends….

valentines 085

….valentines from grandparents…. two SUPER excited boys……

valentines 105

….beautiful love from my favorite Valentine… thanks babe……

valentines 118

…..table set for a special Valentine’s Day dinner….no, the Pez was not dinner….

valentines 137

…..this was…..pink heart shaped pancakes….a huge hit…..

valentines 145

…. SO much love for this girl!

Someone shared this quote in church today. I thought it was beautiful, poetic, and perfect for Valentine’s Day…

Love is the very essence of life. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, yet it is more than the end of the rainbow. Love is at the beginning also, and from it springs the beauty that arches across the sky on a stormy day. Love is the security for which children weep, it is the desire of youth, the cement that binds marriage, and the smoothing oil that prevents devastating friction in the home; it is the peace of old age, and the sunlight of hope shining through death. How rich are those who enjoy love in their associations with family, friends, and neighbors.” – Gordon B. Hinckley

For all the love we enjoy in our associations with all of you, thank you.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

13 comments:

shannonbrems said...

I didn't get any bread, what does this mean????

Jill said...

Shannon, this means that I must get some to you ASAP!

Kensie said...

Look how cute you guys are, I swear you just might be the most creative person I have ever met!

Karen said...

Love that quote Jill. Thanks for sharing. Dear Aaron, Kensie, and Maycie...she is for sure the most creative person you've ever met.

I don't get it. Why wasn't pez for dinner?...

The Garners said...

I needed that quote today. Just thought I'd let you know. (And I needed those heart decorations too...because they're beautimous)

Mike said...

Happy Valentines Day babe. I love you!!!

Stan said...

That bread looks amazing. I'm definitely going to have to find out how you did it. Looks like you made Valentine's amazing for your family as usual. Love you!!!

Cami said...

I <3 it all. I need to hire you as my personal holiday decorator. And my all-the-other-days decorator. I better go buy some more lotto tickets.

Nicole said...

What a sweet post! (What up, Shannon. I see you comment on Jill's blog...) Love the table decorating and the conversation hearts (what are they made of?).

Andrew said...

Very lovely Jill, as are you!

Emilie said...

i want to come to your house for valentine's day! i love you guys!

Angela said...

Do you know what? You're really good at getting the "detail" shots! And I love it! Also your breakfast looked too artistic to eat! So fun! Happy Heart day!

Laura said...

I love Mary Kate's home evening idea - that is so sweet. Okay, I'm with Emilie... next year V-day at the Dickeys!