Saturday, March 7, 2009

Afternoon Tea



Question: What's more girly than a bunny themed tea party?
Answer: Nothing!!!

Mary Kate has a few friends who needed cheering up and one celebrating a birthday so we decided to throw an afternoon tea party. We decked out the table with everything bunny, served cheese and crackers, pink cookies, and mini muffins and even had real herbal tea. A lovely time was had by all.



The girls dressed up in their finest. Lauren really went all out wearing her lace shawl and crocheted gloves. Whitney came in he 'Belle' dress, and almost everyone came wearing a little lip stick.

Manners were practiced. The girls called each other Lady and discussed their latest reads and favorite outfits. They made sure that as they sipped their tea, their pinkies were properly sticking out. They did a fine job passing things and not reaching over the table.

After tea, the girls got to open little gift bags filled with bunny items.



It's fun doing girl stuff.

16 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, that does sound like a splendid afternoon. I do wish I had been able to attend, but I should have been dusty from the long journey, and I think my invitation losteth itself in the mail. ;) Perhaps next time.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I do hope they spoke with their most proper British accents. I happen to know Mary Kate's and Brooklyn's are both quite good.

s. said...

That seems like fun!! I miss having fun like that with you guys!

Jill said...

We miss you too Sarah, and you would have most certainly be invited, along with Megan.

Jill said...

Laura, the girls were talking with British accents. About halfway through the party, Whitney asked, "Why are you all talking like that?" She was a little confused.

Sonja said...

So cute! I can't imagine my girl being very ladylike, but she does like to go shopping, so there may be hope yt.

Anonymous said...

Jill it sounds like you all had so much fun. what were the twins doing at that time? Looks like the girls had a blast, and "were there a lot of responsiblites as a hostes?" I can;t wait to see you all soon! that is so cute htey spoke in Brittish accents. Love you

Praco Salfoy said...

oh i do miss those tea party times... :( i wish i was a kid still! i miss you guys!

The Garners said...

How fun is this?? I can't wait till I have a girl old enough to have a tea party. Yippee!! The few fun things, overshadow the girl emotions!

Okay...the blog...I DO owe you a pretty big favor! I'd be happy to help you with any blog decor that you'd like. Let me know!! (serious.)

Bryanna Johnson said...

I noticed your blog website on Facebook. I hope it's okay if I read it! I do love blogs.

Amy said...

You are such a cute, nice, fun mommy!

Stan said...

Why don't you host an adult tea party? I would dress in my finest attire with gloves and all. You always do everything with such class. I'm sure the girls had fun.

Kimberly said...

You are awesome, Jill. I feel homesick for you and your family! In looking at this post, Jacob ran over to the computer and said, "I want to go to that house!" I said, "You want to go to Jeffrey and Jonathan's house?" "Yes! I'm so excited!" He's homesick for you all, too! Love you all!

Danielle and Fam said...

DO you think I will ever find a minute to do something cute like that? Probably not! What a darling idea... I think we need to get together and do that for adults. WIll you be in charge?

Emilie said...

oh this looks delightful! wish i had been there...