Thursday, January 5, 2012

Notes

aunt laura
Aunt Laura with Mary Kate and my niece Sarah – around 2005

Recently I was cleaning out some drawers in Mary Kate’s room and came across something that made me smile; a note containing a poem written for Mary Kate by her Aunt Laura.

The poem goes like this…

Ode to Mary Kate

There lives a beauty in Pleasant Grove
With eyes as blue as sapphire
Her skin as fine as porcelain
Her hair as read as fire

But her outer beauty is just as great
as what lies in her heart
She’s funny, kind, compassionate,
Cheerful, fun, and smart

I love my niece named Mary Kate
More than the moon or sea
She is the best niece ever made
And means the world to me

(How lucky my girl is to have family like Aunt Laura)

_________________________________

On Christmas morning, I entered my bedroom to find this note propped up on my pillow….

mk letter

I like notes.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love both of the notes, both because I love MK so much. What a sweetheart.

Also, thanks for posting the photo - I'm not sure I've seen it before and I love it.

Cami said...

I love notes, too. Those ones are definitely keepers.

Karen said...

So wonderful! Laura and MK are both gems.

Kimberly said...

Those notes put a smile on my face. So do those girls!

Lynette said...

Ahhh....