I’ve been going out to get the mail and throw out the trash in my bare feet; a strange thing to be doing mid-January in Utah. But, even though it’s warmer than usual, it’s still cold enough in the mornings that I prefer to do my exercising in the warm house until Spring. As a result, the treadmill and I have once again become one.
Most people I know hate the treadmill with a passion and will run through sleet, hail, and pouring rain before they will run indoors, but I’m not a hater because exercising on the treadmill gives me a great excuse to watch some fabulous television. Luckily for me, Masterpiece Classic is on in the winter time. Perfect timing.
Last winter I was obsessed with season one of Downtown Abbey. This winter season two began. I’m still walking (and trying a tiny smidge of running) through the first season just one more time to refresh my memory, while season two sits patiently on my DVR. It sits there like a little treasure just waiting to be unwrapped. Talk about motivation. I actually look forward to my time on the machine.
I’m also excited because guess who’s coming to Masterpiece in April?…
…None other than Gillian Anderson as Miss Havirsham in Great Expectations…I seriously can’t wait! Andrew Davies did the screenplay so I’m sure it will be a perfect adaptation of the Dickens' classic.
Although…it will be April when Great Expectations airs and warm enough to be walking outside. Maybe for this one I can just curl up on the cushions and enjoy? I think I will.
3 comments:
Ok Jill, too funny Brad and I are watching Downton Abby tonight! We loved it last year too and decided to watch it again before we see the next season! Great one.
Special Agent Scully has never looked so good in a molding wedding gown. I'm going to have to start watching DA one of these days. I've been saving it.
oooh. Can't wait to start this. Thanks for the tip! I'm a treadmill junkie myself. I thought I did pretty good, too, until I found out my friend runs MARATHONS on her treadmill. In the basement. What the? Who does that?!
Post a Comment