Monday, October 11, 2010

Creativity

kids stuff 003

A shoe box, some fabric, two colors of tissue paper, a few silk flowers and a year’s supply of glue sticks, turned into a lovely garden for bunnies.

kids stuff 014

kids stuff 015

Some drawings by MK and friends. Mediums: Concrete and wood chips.

014

Orange, black, white and yellow construction paper makes our traditional Halloween decorations for the front windows.

kids stuff 021

And finally…. a store in the back of Mike’s truck, opened by the boys.

kids stuff 023

As you can see, the inventory at their store is fantastic. Unfortunately, by the time I arrived, the store was closed. Also, I had Winnie with me and the sign clearly states ‘No Dogs Allowed.’ I was truly disappointed because I had my eye on that rubber band; a steal at only 50 cents.

Believe it or not, there were a few suckers in town who actually purchased items from the boy’s store. The little girl next door bought 5 pinecones that the boys had collected from her own yard, and my mom and dad bought a used Matchbox truck and a unbelievably ugly fairy nick-knack.

The boys did start out with little piles of Jelly Bellys wrapped in plastic wrap. Those were popular and sold like hot cakes. The boys made enough money so that we could have a lovely FHE lesson on tithing tonight.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Were I around, I would definitely have paid top dollar for one of those spectacular rocks!

Kimberly said...

I love the boys' store! I remember my sister, kristi, making some good money selling old newspapers and rocks to our neighbors. Young entrepreneurs at their best!

Cami said...

Love it all. Nothing matches the creativity and ingenuity of children. I love your kids!

Karen said...

Excellent projects, excellent. Love the wood chip drawings, especially the one of the lady with the wrap hat. I also am a big fan of the boys' store.

Our little neighbor boy sits out in front of his house playing his fake guitar for money. He even has a cash hat at his feet. We never hesitate to pay. Nothing like quality goods and encouraging the arts.

Chaoyi said...

Love the bunny garden. It looks like your house is a happening place. I miss the neighbourhood!! The boys should put a sign up that says: "50 cents per when you look at our handsome faces!"

Leslie said...

That is completely awesome! I love all the artwork especially the wood chips....we used to do that all the time as kids.

Emilie said...

I love love love the boys' store...