Monday, September 27, 2010

A Recital

002

Saturday morning I held a short and cozy (just family and a few friends) recital for my one piano student, Elizabeth. Mary Kate participated as well so Elizabeth wouldn’t feel alone her first time performing in front of a crowd. Each of the girls played 3 or 4 songs. It was lovely, and the girls truly out-did themselves. I was so proud of Elizabeth, because up until now she has refused to perform in front of others. She was nervous, but she pulled it off. As for Mary Kate…she’s a performing pro!

And how awesome is this…their school teacher, Mrs. McBee came all the way from Springville just to attend! Now that’s a supportive and dedicated teacher if you ask me. Mrs. McBee even graced us with a performance of her own. She’s a fabulous piano player. It was extremely motivating for the girls to have their beloved 6th grade teacher show them what hard work and dedication can do.

029

I’m so proud of Mary Kate and Elizabeth both, for the effort they each give to piano. Learning to play well takes hard work and dedication. Mary Kate’s piano teacher Beverly is incredible and really believes in Mary Kate’s ability. Granted, there are tears when certain pieces are especially difficult to learn, but I love seeing the satisfaction that comes when Mary Kate masters something difficult and performs it so beautifully. Elizabeth too.

012

025 
Keep up the good work girls. Piano is a wonderful skill you’ll find enjoyment from all your life. I’m so proud of you both.

10 comments:

Mike said...

Good job Mary Kate and Elizabeth. It was great to be there and listen to you play. Kudos also to the teachers of these fine young piano players.

Cami said...

I wish I could have been there. Mary Kate, you're getting so tall and pretty (well, of course you always were pretty)!

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

I expect a personal recital next time I see you Mary Kate.

Kimberly said...

Good job, girls! Is there a video of the recital that we could see?

Nicole said...

Awwww. My piano recitals always make me cry. It's such a big deal to play in front of people! I swear they look an inch or two taller once it's over. :)

Chaoyi said...

wow, Mary Kate looks so grown up... I am so glad you enjoy playing the piano Mary Kate. When you get older, you will realize piano playing is such a wonderful gift that your parents have given you. Play hard!

Laura said...

I want a video, too! Looks at MK's long fingers - they were made for piano playing (and playing back-drawing games). I miss you guys!

Karen said...

Awesome. I love so much that their teacher came to hear them. That is dedication. I think maybe the world would be a different place if all teachers cared that much.

Mary Kate, you do look beautiful and so grown-up. Can't wait to see you all again. Max misses you!

Stan said...

That was so nice of you to do. I would have loved to come and hear them play.