One of the things I love most about my life is that I’ve had the amazing privilege of spending the last eleven years of my time here on this planet alongside my daughter Mary Kate. Although her birth was a bit traumatic, raising her has been anything but. She is an angel. I’m very serious about that. If you know her at all, you know of what I speak. She’s a total sweetheart.
Mary Kate was born with a pleasant temperament. She is happy, soft hearted, conscientious, easily pleased, naturally friendly, but not at all in your face, and so easy to be around. She gets all of these qualities from her father. She my look like me, but she has Mike’s personality, which is fortunate indeed.
Not only is Mary Kate’s personality awesome, but she is super cute too. Look, I’ll prove it to you…..
Every where we go people stop us just to comment on Mary Kate’s beautiful red hair. It’s the most gorgeous color for sure, but she puts all the typical red head stereotypes to rest because she is most certainly not feisty nor hot tempered.
Mary Kate is a good girl. She naturally wants to do good things, and treat others well. She hates fighting and contention and just wants to get along. She has so many friends, and does her best to make others happy. Sometimes she tries a little too hard to please. I have to remind her often that sometimes we can’t make everyone happy no matter how hard we try. It is amazing to me though, that Mary Kate seems to be able to get along with just about anyone. She gets that from her father as well.
A few other things I love about Mary Kate…she is adventurous and gutsy, works hard to accomplish things, performs well under pressure, loves to make art, comes alive out in nature, adores everything girly, has a solid spiritual center, treats her brothers with patience and love, is obedient to her parents, tries hard to choose the right at all times, cannot resist a frozen custard or a chicken enchilada, looks fabulous in orange or green, and can quote every line from ‘Pirates of the Caribbean.’
I get so happy when I see this picture of her. It’s my favorite because I think it captures her spirit so completely. She is such a happy girl, and I love her with all my heart.
It’s her birthday tomorrow and she and Mike are going to spend the whole day together at Lagoon. It’s Mary Kate’s one birthday wish. I can just see her now, eating cotton candy, holding Mike’s hand, and riding the Colossus to her hearts content.
Happy Birthday Mary Kate. I love you so much, thanks for being the best daughter ever. I don’t know what I would do without you. Stay sweet Babe!
Love, Mom
16 comments:
I want to be the first to comment about Mary Kate. She brings happiness and joy everywhere she goes. She introduced me to grandparenthood and has made it one of the sweetest experiences of my life. Happy Birthday Mary Kate. I LOVE YOU!!!!
We love Mary Kate so much! I hope you have fun at Lagoon Mary Kate!
Love Megan
P.S. See You like next week!
Awwww. What a sweet tribute to your girl. Having a girl is the best. Sounds like you hit the jackpot. :)
Ahhh... this post made me a little teary-eyed. I love that girl like a sister. Happy birthday, Katsie! I love you like crazy!
So sweet, Jill. Happy Birthday Mary Kate!
Mary Kate is beautiful, talented, smart, grounded, etc. etc. just like her mom. Those are some gorgeous pictures of her. She could be a model. Sounds like a fun day with dad. Happy Birthday! You know you might not be too old for Spencer:) hehehe
I love you Mary Kate. You're the sweetest bestest daughter ever!!!!!!
Hurray for Mary Kate! I love that girl. Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, Mary Kate! I hope you have the best birthday ever! Lagoon with your dad will be awesome, I'm sure! Love you!
Happy Birthday, Mary Kate! She is beautiful for sure! What a lucky family you are to have such a daughter!
Happy Birthday to Mary Kate! That is EXACTLY what I would choose to do for my birthday as well!
I love Marykate too, she is so sweet, happy, excietd to see you soon. Have an awesome Birthday. Love you, jill that was an awesome post!
love
Mels
Ahh! What a beautiful girl! Tell her Happy (late) Birthday from Mrs. McAllister:) See you guys soon!
I saw them at Lagoon, I called out to Mike but he didn't hear me. I was wondering if the whole fam was there or just the 2 of them. What a great father-daughter outing!
such a sweet write up, Jill. You are indeed blessed to have a daughter, I just think they are the best things in life. Mary Kate sounds amazing, she sure is a keeper!!
Love this tribute. I couldn't agree more. She is so photogenic because her spirit is so pure and beautiful. Happy Birthday MK. Approximately a week late...
Post a Comment