See that big grin on my face? I’m smiling like that because two of my favorite people in the world came to town for a visit this weekend. My cousins Stephen and Emilie, both between jobs at the moment, came to Utah to get a little R and R.
I haven’t seen Stephen in two years, so I was super excited when I heard he was planning to come. And when he called to say Emilie was coming along too, well, I did the dance of joy right there in my kitchen.
It was a nice, relaxing visit. We lunched at Kneaders, one of our favorite spots, took a nostalgic tour of BYU campus where Stephen and Emilie both went to school, met up with brother Marc and enjoyed a lovely dinner at our favorite Bombay House, and chatted the night away catching up on all the news. The kids were extra delighted when they found out the cousins were staying the night. Me too. I love a good sleep over.
To top it all off, we had dinner at my mom’s house on Sunday with Brad and Rosie. What a perfect weekend!
When Stephen, Emilie, and Marc are around you can count on a good time. They are never boring. They are also very good to me and mine. We love having them here, even if it’s just for a short while.
Now Emilie and Stephen will be returning home to some new and exciting adventures in NYC. I can’t wait to hear all about them. Best of luck you two.Thanks again for coming. It was great to have a visit. I love you and miss you both. So glad we’re family.
6 comments:
I like family too. They are great!
So good to have those we love come for a visit. Looks like you had a great time.
How fun! It also helps a ton that they love good food.
I love families too, families are forever!I wish I could have been there too. I love and miss you all. and I am so glad you ahd so much fun.
M E O W ! Loved being with you, Jill. Come soon.
I'm trying to figure out why your cousin, Stephen, looks so familiar to me.
Post a Comment