Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Belated Christmas Post

Christmas 2012 029

I realize that Christmas was nearly a month ago, but I’ve posted nothing about our Christmas festivities. I just wanted to post a wee bit so it doesn’t get lost for good.

The first miracle of our Christmas is demonstrated in the photo above. Look around…see if you can see it. Yes, that’s it…the time on the clock. This is a photo taken on Christmas morning just before we let the kids out of their cages to tear through the gifts. It’s almost 7:00 o’clock folks! I don’t know how it happened, but my kids slept until almost 7:00 o’clock! this is unprecedented. It was a Christmas miracle!

Christmas 2012 031

Here, our well-rested children are being forced to smile for a picture before they can come up and see the spoils. Poor Winnie has no idea why everyone has such high enthusiasm and energy so early in the morning. It really confused her, but she settled down after she was given a bone from her stocking to chew on.

The boys got little point-and-shoot cameras for Christmas. The only tragedy of the day was when Jonathan dropped his camera (only about a hour after opening it) and it broke, (like we couldn’t see that one coming). Of course a major melt-down ensued.  Mike was out driving around somewhere in his truck looking for carrots (long story). Resourceful Jeffrey made an emergency call to daddy’s cell phone and Mike rushed home, fixed the broken camera, and saved our Christmas day.

Our hero!

Christmas 2012 055

Of course we had these for breakfast. I’m getting really good at Ableskivers even though I only make them once a year. Now I never burn the first batch like I used too and they always turn out fluffy and perfect. This is a great tradition!

Christmas 2012 044

The boys are posing in their Christmas pajamas. They are still Star War’s fans.

Christmas 2012 045

Mary Kate and I are posing in our Christmas pajamas. We really aren’t football fans, but these shirts were on sale and Old Navy.

Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of our hero in his Christmas pajamas, but he was indeed there. 

We had a lovely day with visits from both sets of grandparents and from Darin and Kim’s family who came for Christmas dinner. I love the holidays because of family.

Our Christmas Eve was wonderful too. We had our traditional spaghetti and Italian meatballs dinner at moms house. The kids put on a talent show complete with dress designing (Lydia), an art gallery (Emily), a multitude of piano performances, and even some theatrics (a monologue from MK and some impression of famous people from Uncle Eric). The Lewis’s even came this year for our traditional Christmas song singing-in.

It was a Merry Christmas for all. And don’t worry, we spent plenty of time over the holidays teaching our children about the real reason for Christmas. There were some special moments during those times. I think they kids are really starting to understand what matters most.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Jill, your Christmas was wonderful! Thanks for letting us share on the festivities. Everyone is so cute in their pj's! Beautiful celebration.

Cami said...

I have a football shirt, too, courtesy of Old Navy's sales. Love the stripey sleeves.

Rosie said...

Love hearing and seeing your beautiful photos of the stories in your life, Jill. Blessings!