We just had Parent-Teacher Conferences this past week. I’m always so relieved to hear that my boys are happy, learning, and most importantly, behaving themselves in class. Back when they were crazy, wild, exhausting toddlers, I would lay awake at night and wonder how on earth my boys would ever be able to behave and function like normal children in in a classroom. You see, the only time they ever held still or were silent was when they were asleep. I couldn’t even conjure up an image of them sitting quietly and listening in a classroom.
Turns out that my fears were unfounded. Surprisingly (you have no idea how surprisingly), I always get good behavior reports from both of their teachers (although both their teachers say that the boys tend to be a bit louder than the other kids in the class. Can you imagine that?)
Anyway, all seems to be well at the Elementary school. Big sigh of relief.
Not only was I relieved with the reports, but I was also entertained a bit. The teachers had the boys do a few projects to put in their folders to show the parents when we came for conferences.
Jonathan drew a cartoon self portrait for the cover of a short autobiography he wrote about himself. I’m in love with his drawing. I’m keeping if forever and ever…
He also wrote in his autobiography that when he was born he was only 4 inches long. He was small, but maybe we should work with him on measurements a bit?
Then he drew a picture of what he will look like when he is 100 years old…
I guess he won’t have ears or much hair when he’s 100, but he will have some nice wrinkles and a fine pair of spectacles. He looks good for his age, don’t you think?
In Jeffrey’s folder was something too…
It’s a Mad-lib of sorts where the students chose a word from each list that they think best describes them.
It looks like Jeffrey has a pretty accurate view of himself. I couldn’t have said it better!
I don’t have his drawing, but he drew a picture of himself driving down a highway in our green van, and above him is lighting bolts and storm clouds that contain slices of cheese pizza.
Kids.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, I love this post SO much! Hysterical really and so comforting for me. I am still in the phase of laying awake at night in horror.
Love those cute, cute boys!
Love those boys. If you find Jeffrey's picture, you HAVE to find it. It sounds like a hall-of-famer.
So funny! I love those kinds of self-portraits/assessments. I especially love Jonathan's teeth in his current portrait. Please do try to get a copy of Jeffrey's picture - I would love to see it.
How adorable is that. Those self protraits are definitely keepers!
I don't know if I'm just wishing but that hundred old picture seems to look a little like me at 65. You could tell him that he might have Grandpa John's genes and may have a whole head of hair at that age.
Post a Comment