Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Giddy Housewife

This may seem like a strange post, but yesterday my giddiness level was off the charts! When you stay home and invest most of your days in cooking, cleaning, laundry, toilets, and dishes, it doesn’t take much to cause excessive giddiness. A good carpet cleaning can be an absolute thrill!

That’s exactly what happened yesterday.

Remember the Larson’s? Yes? Well, Devron Larson just purchased a powerful truck mounted, steam carpet cleaning system and came to test out it’s magic on my filthy carpets.

What follows is a bit embarrassing because I’m admitting to all of you that my carpets were incredibly disgusting (you all know I have the twins living here so I know you’ll be understanding), but you should see my carpets now!

carpet etc 003

The white stripes on my area rug are now white again, the blue stripes blue, the tan, tan. All colors are back to their original brilliance.

Okay, now here come the most embarrassing, but most miraculous parts….

carpet etc 009

Here is a small, very high-traffic section of our family room carpet. You can totally see the before and after. And no, this photo has not been digitally enhanced.

See why I’m so giddy? Not yet? Then check out the living room…

carpet etc 017

This living room carpet was by far the dirtiest in the house. Winnie had even been so kind as to leave two choice pet stains in here (she puked the day before) but today my carpet looks like it was laid yesterday. This explains why I’m being a Nazi and demanding the kids take off their shoes as soon as they come in the house.

Now brace yourselves for this next picture….

carpet etc 023

This is the sludge that was in the machine’s filter. That stuff came out of my carpet, and I thought I was an obsessively clean person! This is the dirt you can’t see in your carpet.

My favorite part of all was the stairs. Each time I travel up or down my stairs I’m seized with an overpowering urge to angrily rip every inch of carpet from them and install hard wood. It’s so difficult to keep stairs looking nice, anyone can tell you that, but…

…look at this….

carpet etc 026

See why I can’t contain my giddiness? The white side looked liked that after only one pass with the stair attachment.  I just sat and stared while Devron and his brother-in-law Cody worked away. I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the color changes happening before my eyes.

Here, you can see it for yourself.

Stairs being cleaned.

Does anyone else get a thrill out of this kind of stuff, or am I just crazy? (Don’t answer that)

I’ll have you know that even the green trickle stain from a leaky bottle of children’s Tylenol in the hands of a toddler that has been all over my basement carpet for over 2 years now (believe me we’ve tried everything to get it out and it still remained) is completely GONE! Now we can forgive little Conner and move on with our lives (just kidding ya Amy, we love Conner!)

Devron and Cody did an awesome job. They were fast, efficient, and very thorough. They aren’t the cheapest around (I’ve hired cheap carpet cleaning before and learned the hard way that you get what you pay for), but they are certainly the best. Next time they come I’m going to have them do my sectional and my air ducts. Yes, they do those too.

Oh, and did I mention they did my bathroom and laundry room tile? They do that too. Now my grout is clean. I never thought I’d see clean grout again.

Devron left me with some coupons to spread around. He said I could post one here on the blog. If any of you are in the area and need your carpets cleaned (or just need to have a day when you feel giddy with happiness) you can use this coupon (the coupon code is up in the right hand corner starting with JD). Hey, 25 bucks off can’t hurt.

Jills gift card

Thanks Devron and Cody! Thanks for making a tired housewife’s day.

14 comments:

Lance M. Dickey said...

Man, them are some clean carpets. If I were the get giddy over clean type, I tell you my giddiness could not be contained. Unfortunately, I'm more the get giddy over cold dark wet muddy holes in the ground type, so at best I can say, wow, that's really cool!

Emily + Eric said...

I am giddy beyond compare! I absolutely love getting my carpets cleaned.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I love anything that has instantaneous results (i.e. not the kind of confusing results that you get after months of agonizing a problem in the lab), which is why I'm fond of cleaning bathrooms. I find myself hypnotized by infomercials that advertise things like you've blogged just about.

Will they come to Boston if I say pretty, pretty please?

Cami said...

I love this. I also love ironing, vacuuming, and painting for reasons Laura just mentioned. And that sludge is strangely and disgustingly satisfying. But I'm not going to look at it again.

Chaoyi said...

you are so not crazy,clean carpet is a big deal!!
Holy Cow, what IS that machine, I've never seen anything like it.
Just today, I looked at my disgusting carpet and wondering where to find a good cleaning company.
I have wood stairs, and you see ALL the lint and dust balls, it makes me cringe.

Karen said...

Oh I so wish they were here. My carpets are super special these days. Those results are amazingly satisfying. I've done the cheap carpet cleaning myself...I need to hire the big guns.

Belinda said...

Oh my goodness, I have never seen such clean carpets. I cant wait to have Devron do mine. I bet mine are even worse than yours with all that country grit

Lynette said...

Does he come to Millville? Is it a "no rez" brand? I think I'm sold and in love!

Amy said...

Will they come to Midway?

carpet myster said...

Amy, we would come to midway if you wanted to do our whole house package deal. which is 6 areas and a hall for $250.00. I don't claim to be the cheapest, just the best... :)!!

carpet myster said...

Lynette, we would only be able to come to millville if we had 4 jobs scheduled up there. if you want to talk to some friends about it we would make the trip. but it would have to be a $200 mimum for each job... (that would be 5 areas for $200).

carpet myster said...

Anytime Belinda...

carpet myster said...

it is definitely a no rez formula