Saturday, November 6, 2010

When It’s Fall Time, the Withered Leaves, Fall From Branches Off the Trees…

fall leaves 2010 051

…whirly, twirly, whirly twirly in the air. Whirly, twirly, whirly, twirly everywhere!

Yesterday was a beautiful Fall day. The weather was perfect. Warm enough that the kids were out playing barefoot in the backyard. I was folding laundry when the boys and a few of their friends boisterously bounded into the house, so excited by the crisp pile of leaves they had scooped together under our one lonely maple tree in the backyard. They begged me to come outside with my camera for a photo session of them jumping in the leaves. “Then you can post the pictures on your blog!” the boys suggested. My kids know me well.

I love how these pictures turned out. They truly capture what is best about this season and the joy kids find in the simplest things. Check out there faces. I wish I would have taken video so you could hear the crunch of the leaves, and the squeals of laughter and delight….

fall leaves 2010 008

fall leaves 2010 014

fall leaves 2010 026

fall leaves 2010 027

fall leaves 2010 036

fall leaves 2010 062

fall leaves 2010 066

No rakes needed.. just some crunchy leaves, loads of energy, and the excitement that comes with being a kid. I like to think that our lonely tree was happy today to be contributing to the novelty of this particular afternoon.

fall leaves 2010 003

I hope you’re all having a fabulous Fall. It’s a beauty.

7 comments:

Cami said...

I remember back when I thought leaves were fun. That was about 36 trees in my yard ago.

Glad you could enjoy a lovely autumn afternoon!

Karen said...

Awesome post. I love this time of year, especially the sounds and smells. Happy Fall!

David said...

I can't imagine not loving this fall!

Chaoyi said...

Beautiful~ I love it when kids remind us to just stop doing and invite us to take a small moment to enjoy the world around.

Stan said...

Fun pictures. Glad you took the moment.

Marsha said...

Love, love, love the pictures of the boys with the leaves. Looks very fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are having so much fun, thanks for sharing with us! Hope to see you soon. Love and miss you.
Mels