Monday, June 1, 2009

Hats Off to Mrs. Bingham



Mary Kate had a great 4th grade year, thanks to her teacher Mrs. Bingham. My daughter is one of those kids who does very well in school as long as she knows that her teacher loves and accepts her. She wants to please her teacher, and please she did. She came home with all A's this year. I was so proud of her. She even got A's in math and P.E. which I could never manage to do when I was in school. Just another sign that she is truly her father's daughter.

Mrs. Bingham has been pregnant this year with her first baby. She's been super sick, but managed to be a great teacher despite all of it. I wish her luck with her new job as mommy. I'm sure she'll be great at it. Mary Kate will miss her at school next year when she makes the daily rounds to say hello to all her old teachers. She gets SO attached.

I have a soft spot in my heart for teachers as well. I think teaching is such a noble, self sacrificing profession. I never feel like I can thank teachers enough for what they do for my children. I know they don't get paid what they're worth!

Thank you so much Mrs. Bingham!

Next year Mary Kate is going to be in fifth grade! When did I get old enough to have a fifth grader?

10 comments:

Stan said...

Next thing you know she'll be getting married. You're right teachers can either make or break a child's will to learn. We have also had amazing teachers along the way that have really made a difference in our children's lives and some not so amazing. Luckily it didn't affect them adversely. Teaching is my favorite profession.

Kimberly said...

So glad MK had a great year! Teachers are so important and can make all the difference! Have a great summer.

Karen said...

It's funny because I don't remember a whole lot about elementary school, but I remember ALL of my teachers and what a I felt about them. Truly an honorable profession. So glad Mary Kate had a great year!

Laura said...

Good job on the good grades, MK. I've always known you're a genius. An excessively cute one, at that.

Kensie said...

Thank you so much, that was so nice of you to do that. I absolutely loved having Mary Kate in my class this year. She was such a wonderful student and I just adore her.

David said...

What's not to love about our Mary Kate? Good job at being a great student and a wonderful friend! And thanks to the caring teacher.

Anonymous said...

Marykate, Congrats, I am so happy for you. I am excited to see everyone soon this summer, we will have so much fun. I agree with you Jill, that teachers do so much. Thanks for sharing, I love you and have a wonderful summer and see you soon!

Bryanna Johnson said...

Way to go Mary Kate! Speaking of her getting married, I remember when we got married, she told Jon she was getting married in the Bountiful temple someday. It was pretty sweet.

The Garners said...

It's amazing the influence a good teacher can have. (And the damage a bad one can do!!) I can't imagine having a 5th grader!! But I know it's coming faster than I care to acknowledge. Great job Mary Kate!

Janice said...

Oh how I love that girl and anyone who makes her life better. Thanks teacher!