Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeff and Mary Kate!



What a great day to celebrate! It's another shared birthday by two of my most favorite people, my little brother Jeff and my Miss Mary Mack.

11 years ago, when we found out Mary Kate's due date would be around the end of June, Jeff determined that his very first niece would be born on his birthday, June 30th. When the doctor sent me to the hospital on June 28th we were sure she would just miss the mark, but Jeff got his wish when it took Mary Kate two more days to actually arrive. She was born on his birthday afterall.

It's a little hard to believe, now that Jeff is 28 and Mary Kate is 10, that I used to rock both of them to sleep when they were babies. Time passes much too quickly and I'm feel ing old.

I was just thinking the other day about one of the happiest times in my whole life. My first trip to Disneyland, just a little over 4 years ago. Mike and I went and we took Mary Kate and Jeff with us. We had the BEST time. Jeff was the perfect traveling companion and Mary Kate was completely delighted with every single thing. Wish I could do that trip all over again.


Happy Birthday Mary Kate and Jeff. I love you both very much.

7 comments:

Janice said...

They just happen to be two of my favorite people also. I love you both!!!

Bryanna Johnson said...

Yeah, happy birthday!

Laura said...

Happy birthday Jeff and Mary Kate. Jeff I like you about a 10/10, and Mary Kate, I like you about a 1000000000000/10.

Emilie said...

happy happy birthday guys!

The Garners said...

A first trip to Disneyland SHOULD be a wonderful memory...after all....it is the happiest place on earth!!

Happy Birthday to all!

s. said...

YAAAA!!! Was this birthday full of glitter twinkle toes and milkshake mustaches again? I so darn wish I could have been with you this year too. Maybe next year... who knows.. you never know when we will show up at your door:) I love you Marykate.... ♥♥♥

Melanie said...

Happy birthday Mary kate and Jeff, see you soon, love you all
Mels