Sunday, May 11, 2014

THEN and NOW

IMG

THEN:

When this picture was taken I had been a mother for 3 whole months. Back then I was doing the best I knew how, keenly aware of the fact that I knew next to nothing about this job called “motherhood.” What I did know, with every ounce of myself, was how much I loved my baby; and that’s what got me through.

 001

NOW:

We took this picture this morning. As of today, I can say that I have been a mother for 14 years, 10 months, and 10 days.

The difference between then and now?

Now I am keenly aware of the fact that I still know absolutely nothing about this job called “motherhood.” But…what I still know, with every ounce of myself, is how much I love my children.

And that’s what gets me through.

Happy Mother’s Day to all those wonderful moms out there who might not know everything, but absolutely know that they love their children. Thank you for the love you’ve given me. That’s also what gets me through.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. Count me in the "I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing" club.

Kimberly said...

You're one of the best, Jill. Love you and your sweet kids!

Janice said...

Now you know how I feel about you.

Julie said...

Jill so many things to love about these two photos. I want to join the "don't know what I'm doing club" and can we please have a support group?

Rosie said...

Count me in! One never arrives in mothering! I know nothing! Beautiful photos. Beautiful family!