Summer is underway here. After a week of letting the kids sit around doing absolutely nothing, we finally buckled down. We created a daily schedule and everyone even set some summer goals, including Mike and I. We kept it simple, but my list includes a kitchen remodel of sorts. I’m starting to think I may not get around to that one. Too much work involved!
The kids wrapped up their school year nicely. After our first year at the new charter school, I am completely sold! It was a really positive experience for my boys. (I still hate the carpool aspect though). I personally spent A LOT of time at the school this year. All total, I clocked over 100 volunteer hours. Let’s just say, I got to know the place quite well.
I wanted to post pictures of the boys with their teachers for the record. These teachers were absolutely incredible…
These two home room teachers were seriously the sweetest ladies; just how you would imagine elementary school teachers to be. They were sweet, kind and patient with each of their students. Jeffrey and Jonathan were very happy and relaxed in the company of these ladies for 6 hours every day. Just what you want as a parent.
Our school also employs a teacher’s aid (they call them instructors) for each classroom, and these ladies were equally wonderful with the students…
Tracy Urbina or “Mrs. T” (Jonathan felt so loved by Mrs. T. I overheard him saying to Jeffrey, “Mrs. T really loves me. Not just because of my face, but because of me.” How great is that?
I wasn’t able to get pictures with the boy’s math teacher Mrs. Baer, or Jeffrey’s science teacher Mrs. Tylka, or Jeffrey’s reading instructor Mrs. Gaughn. I loved all these wonderful teachers who have influenced my boy’s brains and spirits so positively.
----------------------------------------------
As for MK. I won’t even try to mention all her wonderful teachers (mostly because I don’t know all their names). She always says positive things about her teachers (most of them anyway), and I know she had a great educational experience this year as well.
MK and Principal Jolley (the choir performed at the ceremony so she had to wear her choir dress)
The Junior High held an 8th grade completion ceremony to recognize the students for having completed their elementary school years. This signified to me that my first born is now officially a high school student! That freaks me out to no end! Just four short years and she will be a high school graduate!
At the completion ceremony they had all the 8th graders line up in rows and then the emcee announced loudly into the microphone…”And here they are, your class of 2017!” At that moment my heart dropped into my stomach. I better make these next four years count because then this beautiful girl will most likely be gone from my home. I just don’t know how to feel about that.
I’m so proud of MK. She “graduated” from 8th grade with honors. I know how hard she worked and I’m proud of her!
My heart gets all mushy when I think of teachers. I can’t help myself having been raised by educators, and having studied education myself. I just think teachers are the greatest!
2 comments:
So glad they had a great school year! And, I'm also glad that they had a week "off" before buckling down. That makes me feel better about the last few days of doing absolutely nothing with my kids. :)
Yay summer! Oh wait, my kids are still in until practically July. But fun for you to get started. I love being able to structure the day on my own terms in the summer instead of living by the school's schedule.
Post a Comment