Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father’s Day

IMG_2824

boys birthday and trip to arches 2012 306

IMG_3119

boys birthday and trip to arches 2012 180

As you can see, my kids spend lots of time enjoying Mother Nature with their father. Most of the photos I have of the kids with Mike are taken in the great out doors. Mike is really his best self out there so this suits me just fine.

I hope my kids understand how fortunate they are to have a father like Michael. He is loyal, committed, intelligent, funny, hard working, self-sacrificing, and he loves them very deeply. Mike is a steady person, and that is an important quality in a father. He’s going to be there for these kids for the long haul. I hope they come to appreciate this steadiness in their lives like they should.

I’m grateful that Mike is my partner in this thing called parenthood. It’s not an easy job (understatement). Having a steady one working along with you is a great blessing.

Happy Father’s Day Michael. We love and appreciate you so very much. Thanks for all the large and small things you do for our family every single day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This post wouldn’t be complete without mentioning two other amazing fathers in my life….

snow, Throughly Modern Millie, 172

John Stauffer…he is the loyal, committed, hard working, self sacrificing father in my life. Dad is a steady one as well and I can’t begin to thank him enough for how that has blessed my life. I get the importance of that steadiness now. Thanks for the unwavering love dad! I love you back.

IMG_2776

And Dave Dickey…the best father-in-law a person could want. Some of Mike’s best qualities are handed down to him from this man…especially that undying love of the great out doors. I love you Dave!

Happy Father’s Day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yes, yes, and yes. Three outstanding men and fathers. Glad to know them.