Tuesday, May 22, 2012

scout shirts 002
Mary Kate took this picture while lounging on the grass under our tree.

I’ve missed blogging these last few weeks. This blog has become a place were I come and write about things that matter to me, a place to collect and organize my thoughts, a place to record memories large and small, a place to celebrate the good things in life. Lately though, I haven’t been able to think of exactly what to blog about. It’s not that there isn’t anything going one, quite the contrary; life is busy, good busy, full of random happenings and goings-on.

The problem is, I seem to take after my mother, in that I tend to have a serious one-track mind. If I get an idea stirring up there, an idea(s) about important things (like a big, life changing decisions that needs to be made for instance) I can’t seem to think of anything else. These last few weeks I’ve been in that type of head space. Distracted is not a strong enough word for what I’ve been lately. Thankfully the idea/decison that was consuming me has been put aside for now and I feel like I can focus on other things. I feel like myself again. What a relief.

Now back to the business of day-to-day. I’ve got things to do baby!

Like…

-planning the boy’s baptism day (coming up very soon)
-staining our fence and deck (they need it BAD)
-working out a summer chore plan for my kids (summer is just days away and I need to be ready)
-organizing the ginormous stack of papers and files that are piled up and tipping over in my office
-playing tennis with Michelle and Claudia (I really stink at tennis, but I’ve signed up for lessons and I’m determined to improve)
-cooking meals for the fam (oh boy have I been way lazy about this, cooking is always the first things go when I’m distracted)
-figuring out what to the get the teachers for end of year gifts (I think I have a pretty good idea)
-getting my visiting teaching done (miss my visiting teaching sisters)
-preparing my talk for sacrament meeting on Sunday
-getting a hair cut (I’m about to shave it all off myself because it’s so terribly in need of TLC, Bryan here I come!)

I’m going to be checking things off my list and getting them squared away. I’ve been looking over our summer calendar and it’s going to be a busy, full of good times, just as summer should be. I want to be ready to savor it!

Bring it on, summer!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad you aren't distracted any more. :) And I like your list of things to do. I've been creating my own for summer, too. I, however, have not come up with any fantastic teacher gifts yet. Please share your idea!

Laura said...

Please tell me what you're getting your kids' teachers so I can copy you. I have no talent for such things.

Also... I'm dying to know what big decision you put aside for now. A new puppy? A new house? A new sister wife?