The boys have really enjoyed Kindergarten this year, mostly due to the fact that there were 6 other Kindergarteners in our neighborhood to enjoy the experience with. The only other Kindergarten boy on our street went to a charter school, so my two boys were lucky enough to walk (or ride) to and from school every day with 5 adorable girls… Lana (red shirt), Ally (with the glasses), Tarin (green stripes), Megan and Abby (not pictured). These girls have been my boys best friends this year and have done a excellent job keeping Jonathan and Jeffrey in line. These girls are bossy, proper, and don’t put up with much. That’s proven to be a very good thing for our boys. They’ve had to play nice…or else.
With five other moms taking Kindergarten kids to school, the carpool was perfect, each of us taking turns picking up. It was… interesting…driving a van filled with 7 rowdy Kindergarteners. It was incredibly loud (mostly due to Jonathan and Jeffrey) but, these girls weren’t exactly quiet either. I preferred the sunny days when the kids could ride bikes or scooters in the open air and I could trail along behind them and listen to their hilarious conversations without the need for ear plugs.
As school is winding up this week, kindergarten is coming to an end. To celebrate, the kiddos made up a cheer for their Best Friends Club. They included in this cheer, a little something for everyone.
(Please try to ignore Jeffrey holding his ‘you know what.’ Seriously…boys and their ‘you know whats!’)
If you couldn’t understand the words, it goes like this…Star Wars, Mario, Collections, Dragons, Hello Kittty!
5 comments:
That is a really great best friends cheer! It makes complete sense really...all the things they love. I love kid conversations as well. My nine year old neighbor informed me yesterday that he no longer had any taste buds because when they put his braces on they cut them all out. That's why he couldn't eat the quesadilla I made him...
OH, I love it! I'm glad they had a great year at Kindergarten!
SO CUTE! That's the best cheer ever!!
Let me guess, is Lana Hello Kitty? I really love Collection, too - that is a good one!
Hooray for Jeffrey, Jonathan, and all the other kindergarteners! They've accomplished something I never did! (no kindergarten where and when I went to school)!
Sqiggles really likes this cheer (we watch it a lot), and I think it's hilarious. Love those kids (at least the ones I know).
Post a Comment