Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It was a Dam Cloudy Day

045 
This last weekend we hitched the jet skies up to the van and hauled them a few hours north to spend a couple days with family. Hyrum Dam is always my favorite (somewhat local) place to take the skis. It feels a bit like home up in the Valley of Cache so that may explain my preference.

We had to battle a few clouds and even a brief thunderstorm, but most of the time the sun shone on us in all it’s heated glory. We flew over the water disturbing flocks of innocent seagulls all morning and into the late afternoon.

On Friday we were joined at the dam by the Dickey crowd. Cami, Peter and Dani are in town on a visit from the east. I forgot that I had packed my big camera with me and so I didn’t get any pictures of the Friday fun. I regret this very much. I wish I could rewind and have a do-over. (Maybe Cami will share some of her shots because she’s a nice person).

On Saturday I was rummaging around in a random rubber-maid and I discovered my camera. We hosted my family next and it was a beautiful overcast morning. Once the rain ceased I had the chance to snap a few portraits of people I love. If you don’t see yourself in these photos, it does not mean I don’t love you. It means you were either camera shy or you were photographed in the first half hour before I discovered my camera was on the wrong setting. Oops! Gotta learn to check that!

013

021

046

028

040

034

036

051

088

103

064

This last photograph is not of someone I love, of course. I just wanted to show you how lonely the jet skies look floating in the rain. They were so sad until the sun finally triumphed, and then we worked them to death.

3 comments:

Emily + Eric said...

We had such a great time! Thank you for sacrificing zillions of things to come up and spend time with us. It means so much. I also must give a shout out to the picture of Lydia picking her wedgie....so lovely in so many ways!

Mike said...

And I might add we had a dam(n) fun time (after it quit raining).

Cami said...

So much dam fun. It was an excellent day.

Yes, I have some pictures from our day at the dam. I'll put them up.