The spookiest holiday of the year most certainly didn’t let us down, it delivered big time….
…starting with a visit from cousin Julie and family and the baking of a batch of traditional Hoot Owl cookies. Joyce (oops, I mean Fern) models an orange-eyed beauty. I vow that I will make these every Halloween from now on. My kids loved them!
Halloween delivered in the costume department. The boys decided to go Wild West this year. I know I’m a bit biased as the mom here, but I thought the boys brought it home in the adorable department…
…and Jonathan delivered the rockin’ poses, as usual.
Mary Kate delivered the sweetness as a lovely, curly haired peasant girl…
(This was her last year to trick-or-treat so she made sure to live it up. Her basket full of candy is proof that she did so.)
Mike delivered, as per usual, in a wac-a-do sports getup that harkened to his favorite Chevy Chase movie…
…I personally thought the fro was a nice touch and it did make him a few inches taller (which I liked).
“Here’s Fletch, he’s actually 6’5”… with the afro, 6’9”.”
Halloween didn’t stop there…it delivered a neighborhood Trunk-or-Treat and warm soups feast…
…doughnuts on a string…
…adorable babies in fuzzy animal costumes…
…1st grade celebrations…
…the busting out of our traditional family pumpkins…we <3 these guys…
…and of course, a whirl wind of Trick-or-Treating. (I can’t get the boys to walk two blocks to school without whining, but for buckets full of candy they will walk/run three entire neighborhoods with nary a complaint!
No worries, Halloween didn’t let us down, it certainly delivered in the sugar department. The candy stash was vast and deep indeed. This morning I purchased the candy for ten dollars per kid, and it was worth the money I will save in dental bills.
(Don’t worry, I’m not that mean…I let them keep some of it.)
Halloween also delivered the stress, which holidays tend to deliver when you’re the mom orchestrating it all behind the scenes. But, in the end, the stress is worth it because the kids had a fabulous time and made Halloween memories that will last forever. As did I.
Hope your Halloween was Spook-tacular!
8 comments:
So, what happens to the candy you buy from the kids? Do you throw it away?! I'm kind of worried about it. And yes, I have horrible teeth and large dental bills.
Looks like your kids (and you) had a great time. I only got two groups of kids Trick-or-Treating this year, so I'm jealous of all the activity. :(
Looks like a ton of fun! Love those owl cookies! Love Jeffrey's and Jonathan's costumes - and poses! Love MK's sweet pic. Love Mike's get up! Good job, making Halloween a success, Jill! May you now have a week of rest!
Jill, your family gets the award for having the best costumes every year! They're awesome - all of them. Tell Michael I adore the afro look. Someday I aspire to go all out for the holidays like you do (I might need your help... no talent in that arena) - your kids are lucky and they will have such awesome memories.
You did a great job making everyone look their best for this spooky holiday. I would love the recipe for those owl cookies, they were darling.
The boys poses are to die for! your family ROCK OUT Halloween!
CHAOYI
Oh you inspire me Jill. We did try to do themed costumes this year, but seriously, it just wasn't as cool as you guys. I love it! What were you Jill?
Mike, I will give you 5 bucks to wear that wig to work for the entire day like nothing is different.
You guys know how to throw a Halloween.
Post a Comment