Friday, August 13, 2010

One Last Picture

Dad_at_work

I couldn’t resist posting this one last picture of my dad during his school teaching years. My brother had this taped to a filing cabinet in his office. When I saw it I had to have a copy for myself. I’m sure one of my dad’s students took it years ago. I love it!

P.S. He didn’t really wear taped glasses to school. Not sure why he’s wearing them in the picture?

Now is the time of year when my dad should be going back to school, readying his classroom for another year, but instead he and my mom are readying themselves for something entirely different. Last month my parents received a call to serve an 18 month Church Education Systems mission to Wellington, NEW ZEALAND! How awesome is that? Could you even a imagine a better, more beautiful place to serve?

They leave in November and have a lot to do to prepare, getting visas, figuring out what to do with their house and such. I’m very excited for them, but when I really stop to think about them being gone for that long I start to cry, so I’m going to stop typing about it. Just thought I’d get the announcement out there.

Check this place out…

newzealand

new_zealand-bay_of_islands2

…and yes, we will be going for a visit.

Photos from Google Images

4 comments:

la_sale_bete said...

That picture of your dad is great. How exciting that they'll be going to New Zealand!

kjha said...

Your parents will be excellent missionaries. My friends parents served there, though not sure of the exact mission or if there is even more than one? Anyway, sounded great! Need anyone to come with you on your trip???

Andrew said...

breath taking. I am so excited for you all.

Leslie said...

That is a great picture....and luckies! New Zealand!