Now it's on to Jeffrey....
Take notice everyone. This is probably the one and only time you'll see this kid holding still. I can't believe how still he is when he's sick! Normally he never stops moving. My house is so much more peaceful when Jeffrey's down and out! He just lays around and tells everyone that walks by that he loves them. Kind of sweet actually. Still, I think I prefer a healthy Jeffrey. I hate when my kids are sick. Breaks my heart.
Jonathan, so far, has remained healthy. It could have something to do with the fact that he refuses to get within 10 feet of any sick person, but he's always had a healthy immune system. He inherited this from his father. Mike has an immune system of steel. The last time Mike was sick enough to speak about was when we were dating. He hasn't had a good, knock-down illness since '95. It's so not fair!
Yesterday I went to Costco and stocked up on these babies. I'm loading the kids up on vitamins. I also bought a vat of anti-bacterial hand sanatizer. I'm going to take some precautions around here this winter. I'll do what I can do, even though I know it's only so much. Sickness is just part of life, right? I am hoping that Swine flu won't be a part of our life. I can hope, right?
One October, years ago, my friend Amy and I were having a conversation with her little sister Tiffany who was about five at the time, asking her what she wanted to be for Halloween. She thought hard and then announced that she wanted to be an antibody. An antibody!? We were surprised she even knew what antibodies were, but sure enough, she knew that they were the little things that float through your body and fight the germs that make you sick.
We were highly amused with her choice, and curious, asked her what a person would wear as a costume if they wanted to be an antibody for Halloween? She answered, "I would wear one of daddy's ties and a helmet, that's all!" She knew an antibody had to dress to get down to business and fight.
Now that sick season is here and Halloween is coming up, I think I'll try and talk my kids into being antibodies this year. Just a tie and a helmet, sounds like an easy costume, and maybe we'll get some good germ fighting karma going on around here. I think we're going to need it.
10 comments:
Ugh! So sorry you and the kids have been sick. I hope you are all up and around soon!
Don't you think it probably was/is the swine flu? I hope everyone is full of antibodies soon!
Oh, I'm so sorry you were sick and happy those who were sick are doing better. Jeffrey, that is just not you! Cute antibody story! Stay well everyone! I don't bother to breathe when I go to work as there are so many hacking sickly children! And I never touch anything. So far it has worked!
Ewww. We are sick, too, and I hate it. I truly wish Eli was like Jeffrey in that he held still and told me he loved me when he was sick. Not so much. Hope you all feel much better soon.
I'm so sorry you are sick. That just stinks. We've had it here too. (well, not me...knock on wood) I hope everything is back to it's crazy normal soon. Get feeling better!
I thought we were going to get away without catching anything, but I think it might be here. I hope all those cute red-heads are well enough to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
(Does the antibody costume replace the princess stage? I sure hope not. There is a missing link there, I think. Hee!)
Brrrrr.... maybe at least some tennis shoes too?
Jeffrey sure looks pitiful. I guess there are some advantages about being sick besides calm children, building up antibodies against sicknesses. That was a darling little story. I dare you to dress up like one for Halloween.
i love you guys...get well right now.
oh man I hope your kids are all better.
Post a Comment